Rutgers Distinguished Fellowships
Distinguished Fellowships website
Check database and meet with officer to seek fellowships/funding for international internships and study abroad.
The United Nations
- Seniors, Recent Graduate, and Graduate Students
- Paid and Unpaid
- New York and global
- Various organizations - Development Program UNDP, Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issus UNPFII, Children’s Fund UNICEF, Refugee Program UNHCR, Environment Program UNEP, etc.
Washington Office on Latin America (WoLA)
WOLA’s Sally Yudelman Internship Program
- Fall, Spring, Summer
- Social justice. advocating for human rights in Latin America.
Organization of American States (OAS)
- Washington, D.C., member states
- Fundraising, Communications, Foreign Policy
United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Interamerican Development Bank
Center for Economic and Social Justice (CESJ) Internships and Fellowships
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) Internship and Practicum Program (part of World Health Organization WHO)
PAHO Internship and Practicum Program
- Unpaid but includes health insurance
- Washington, D.C. and overseas
Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch Internship/Volunteer Opportunities
- New York and International
- Development, LGBT, children’s rights etc.
World Learning Visitor Exchange Program
Interns work on design, implementation, and monitoring of programs for participants from more than 140 countries visiting the U.S. under grants from the U.S. Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program and Office of Citizen Exchanges.
World Learning Internship Opportunities
- Various -see website for current opportunities
National Organizations for Applied and Practicing Anthropology
National Association of the Practice of Anthropology (NAPA) - A unit of the American Anthropological Association
National Association of the Practice of Anthropology website
NAPA provides a Mentor program for student anthropologists seeking practical advice on their next career steps. The "Students pag (tab at the top of the site's homepage) has links to both internship and field study opportunities.
Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA)
Society for Applied Anthropology website
SfAA "promotes the integration of anthropological perspectives and methods in solving human problems throughout the world" The SfAA website's "Student" section includes a Student Web Forum with information on internships and field study schools, resources available to attend conferences, grants and fellowships, and ongoing discussions of issues in applied anthropology.